Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Books and Videos:
Sheet Music and Transcriptions
Test Pieces for Orchestral Auditions Book - Double Bass Audition Music
This Item SHIPS FOR FREE in the USA!
(Note that larger items may carry a partial shipping charge to AK, HI and PR.)
Outside the USA? Log in, or add this item to your cart to see actual shipping costs to your state or country.
(You can easily remove it if you change your mind.)
California Residents: Please view our Proposition 65 Message
Add to Wishlist
Test Pieces for Orchestra - Double Bass
Excerpts from the Operatic and Concert Repertoire
This is a wonderful collection of orchestral audition pieces, perfectly suited for students and classical players, whether you are auditioning for college, a select orchestra, or your local community orchestra.
It features common audition passages from traditional pieces, as well as solo excerpts, for a complete approach - since (as stated in the preface) "an orchestral musican is expected to know and to have mastered not only the solo literature of his instrument but especially the opera and concert repertoire as well."
Since it covers both (solo and ensemble) aspects so well, this book can also serve as an excellent practice tool for musical training, as well - a convenient single book focusing on intricate and difficult passages and solos from popular orchestral arrangements. An excellent reference book to have in your collection! 62 pages.
- Symphony No. 3, Op. 55, 3rd and 4th movements (Beethoven)
- Symphony No. 5, Op. 67, 2nd and 3rd movements (Beethoven)
- Symphony No. 9, Op. 125, 4th movement (Beethoven)
- Wozzeck, 2nd Act (Berg)
- Symphony No. 2, Op. 73, 4th movement (Brahms)
- Symphony No. 4, 4th movement (Bruckner)
- Symphony No. 6, 1st movement (Bruckner)
- Symphony No. 1, 1st and 4th movements (Bruckner)
- Symphony No. 40, KV 550, 1st and 4th movements (Mozart)
- Symphony No. 41, KV 551, 4th movement (Mozart)
- Marriage of Figaro Overture, KV 492 (Mozart)
- Magic Flute Overture, KV 620 (Mozart)
- Symphony No. 8, 3rd and 4th movements (Schubert)
- Die verkaufte Braut Overture (Smetana)
- Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, Op. 28 (Strauss)
- Don Juan, Op. 20 (Strauss)
- Ein Heldenleben, Op. 40 (Strauss)
- Salome, Op. 54, 4th Scene (Strauss)
- Der Rosenkavalier, Op. 59, 2nd Act Introduction (Strauss)
- Rigoletto, 1st Act, No. 1 (Verdi)
- La Traviata, 1sr Act 4th Scene, 2nd Act 7th and 8th Scenes (Verdi)
- Die Macht des Schicksals Overture (Verdi)
- Aida, 4th Act (Verdi)
- Othello, 4th Act (Verdi)
- Falstaff, 3rd Act, 1st Scene (Verdi)
- Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, 1st Act 3rd Scene 2nd Act 7th Scene (Wagner)
- Die Walküre: 1st Act, Introduction, 1st and 2nd Scene; 2nd Act, Introduction, 1st and 5th Scenes; 3rd Act, 1st Scene (Wagner)
- Siegfried, 2nd Act, 3rd Scene and 3rd Act Introduction (Wagner)
- Der Freisschütz Overture, Op. 77 (Weber)
- Euryanthe Overture, Op. 81 (Weber)
- Oberon Overture (Weber)
- Wozzek, 3rd Act (Berg)
- Lulu, 1st Act, Prologue amd 2nd Act, 1st Scene (Berg)
- Symphony No. 3 (Hartmann)
- Symphony No. 1, 3rd movement (Mahler)
- Palestrina, 1st Act, 3rd and 5th Scenes (Pfitzner)
- Ariadne auf Naxos, Op. 60, 2nd Act (Strauss)
- Pulcinella Suite, 7th Act (Stravinsky)
- Rigoletto, 1st Act, No. 3 (Verdi)
- Die Soldaten, 3rd Act, 4th Scene (Zimmermann)
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
Is there a Factory Warranty? Click here to find Warranty Information for all of our manufacturers.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA, and what to expect concerning taxes, VAT, delivery times, and more.
Ray Brown's Bass Method - Instructional Exercises Book
An excellent, deep collection of technique studies from one of the most respected players and teachers of the upright bass...
Beginning to Intermediate Bass Solos - Sheet Music with Accompaniment Tracks
This collection features bass solos to practice and perform for the beginning and intermediate student. Includes a folder, with a book of sheet music with performance notes, and access to accompaniment tracks (online downloads) for rehearsal and performance.
Twenty-One Studies: Stories for Solo Double Bass
A wonderful companion for a learning student; this book has simple etudes (solo pieces) that promote good musical habits. Includes a note from the author, and a glossary of musical terms.
Double Bass Sight Reading - A Fresh Approach
With over 100 pages, this book offers 195 carefully graded sight-reading pieces and exercises in a range of musical styles. Includes solos, duets and pieces with piano accompaniment. Suitable for beginning to advanced level students.
Franz Simandl - 30 Etudes with 4 Accompaniment Tracks
The classic upright bass instructional method features these etudes for practice; now available in a "Music Minus One" format for more effective and interesting practice...
D'Addario KAPLAN Orchestral Upright Bass Strings
Purposely designed for the orchestral player, D'Addario's Kaplan strings are for bassists who demand a full, rich arco tone at all dynamic ranges, and a softer feeling string. A stranded steel core, with a variety of different windings on each string to provide perfect balance of tone and feel, makes these carefully designed strings a real winner for the most discerning orchestral bassist.
Extended Strings Available:
Sets AND Single Strings are available (click through to order)