Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Books and Videos:
Sheet Music and Transcriptions
Bass Standards - Note-for-Note Transcriptions of Classic Jazz Performances (Book)
This Item SHIPS FOR FREE in the USA!
(Note that larger items may carry a partial shipping charge to AK, HI and PR.)
Outside the USA? Log in, or add this item to your cart to see actual shipping costs to your state or country.
(You can easily remove it if you change your mind.)
California Residents: Please view our Proposition 65 Message
Add to Wishlist
Note-for-Note Transcriptions of Jazz Bass Classic Performances
What more can you say? Accurate, note-for-note transcriptions of 17 of the finest improvised jazz bass performances ever recorded - from a veritable "who's who" of jazz upright bassists. One of your favorite players is bound to be in this collection; everyone from Ray Brown to Reggie Workman -- and most every prolific bassist in between -- has a cut in this cleanly notated book.
Includes a foreward by the editors, as well as a discography detailing the specific sources of the transcriptions so that you can pursue further study with the source material.
- Blues Minor - Reggie Workman
- Body And Soul - Jimmy Blanton
- But Beautiful - Eddie Gomez
- Falling In Love With Love - Gary Peacock
- Footprints - Richard Davis
- Have You Met Miss Jones? - Niels-Henning Orsted Pederson
- How Deep Is The Ocean (How High Is The Sky) - Oscar Pettiford
- I'll Remember April - Red Mitchell
- Moose The Mooche - Charlie Haden
- My Romance - Scott LaFaro
- Night Train - Ray Brown
- Old Devil Moon - Charles Mingus
- Ring Dem Bells - Milt Hinton
- So What - Paul Chambers
- Take The 'A' Train - Rufus Reid
- Well You Needn't (It's Over Now) - Ron Carter
- Without A Song - Bob Cranshaw
When this book came in, all I could say was: "cool." Note-for-note transcriptions of some of the most notable bassists around. Ever want to see exactly what Paul Chambers played each chorus on "So What?" It's in there. NHOP on "Have You Met Miss Jones?" Got it! (Not that I'm touching that one with a ten foot pole.)
This book even includes chord changes, so you can analyze each and every note your favorite player plucked. Milt Hinton, Gary Peacock, Jimmy Blanton... the list goes on. In one word, this book is just plain... "cool."
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
Is there a Factory Warranty? Click here to find Warranty Information for all of our manufacturers.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA, and what to expect concerning taxes, VAT, delivery times, and more.