Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Amplifiers & Speakers:
Euphonic Audio Doubler Mark II Bass Amplifier
This Item SHIPS FOR FREE in the USA!
(Note that larger items may carry a partial shipping charge to AK, HI and PR.)
Outside the USA? Log in, or add this item to your cart to see actual shipping costs to your state or country.
(You can easily remove it if you change your mind.)
California Residents: Please view our Proposition 65 Message
Add to Wishlist
| 7 Day Trial Period on Amplifiers and Speaker Cabinets|
We know that it's tough to buy new gear over the Internet. So purchasers have a seven (7) day trial period during which they may return the amp in new condition -- NO QUESTIONS ASKED! -- for a full refund, minus all shipping costs and a small transaction fee to cover credit card processing. Call or email us first: returns must be preauthorized; a restocking fee applies if the unit is not returned in new condition.
The Euphonic Audio iAMP Doubler MARK II
The Doubler Amp, from Euphonic Audio (EA), has been a great product for many years -- so great, that it's the amp I personally use in my own rig for both electric and upright bass. Small, lightweight, and powerful, it is capable of very transparent sound, but can also dial in a killer electric bass tone with its very carefully dialed-in EQ points. But it's delightfully simple to operate, with straight-forward controls.
It also has flexibility, with its two separate input channels. You have the ability to switch between two basses, OR use one bass with two different EQ/volume settings, OR even blend two channels together. With its special multiple inputs on channel 2, you can even mix the channel 1/4" input with a phantom-powered XLR input -- so if you play upright and want to blend a pickup with a mic (even a condenser) that capability is built-in.
You can use an optional foot switch to switch between the channels, and even a dual footswitch adds the capability to mute the amp (and you can use the effects send as a tuner output so you can tune silently.) And the built-in parallel effects loop provides many more options.
How do you improve on something so good? EA has found a way.
The new amp has several updates; most will be happy to hear that it's received a nice bump in wattage to 625w at 4ohms. It's also had improvements made to the notch filter, and the 1/4" TRS DI output has been replaced by a proper XLR -- so no more "breakout cables" are needed to interface with the sound engineer. And the cosmetics have been nicely upgraded; the corners are rounded, the whole amp has a much more modern appearance and isn't so "boxy" as it used to be. And the cooling fan only comes on as needed, and a new quieter fan unit does the job even more silently. And the 120/240v adjustment for foreign use is no longer an internal jumper -- a switch is now on the back of the unit, next to the power plug.
Acoustic Bass players are going to love these useful features...
- Variable Phase control 0 to 180 degrees, alters phase alignment when blending channels
- Variable notch filter 50-600Hz with moderately high Q, to reduce gain at a selectable frequency for feedback reduction on channel 2
- High pass filter (allows you to reduce the output below a certain frequency, to help with boomy rooms and stages).
- XLR (balanced low impedance) input for microphone or other devices
- Switchable phantom power (48v) for the XLR input
The Wizzy 10 can make an excellent companion speaker for a powerful yet compact rig. In spite of being so light and compact it can deliver quite a punch. At the right is a photo of true Bass Bliss, with Bob at a September 2008 outdoor party gig playing a Micro/Wizzy 10 rig. Carrying it in and out of a gig was bliss, too.
All this and more in a compact package weighing less than 5 pounds!
- Inputs: Two separate and distinct channels with individual controls.
- 1 Meg ohm input impedance on both 1/4" inputs
- Channel 2 has XLR input with phantom power
- Boost controls to adjust the overall level of channel one, channel two
- Intelligent Input Switching with optional footswitch; you can use a single or double momentary contact footswitch (examples of footswitches that should be compatible are the Boss FS-6 and Rolls RP8)
- With one instrument plugged in, the switch toggles the instrument between channel one and channel two, so there can be different settings
- with two instruments plugged in, the switch moves from channel one » channel two » both
- a single footswitch controls the Intelligent Input Switching; when a double (¼" TRS plug) switch is used, the second button controls the mute function
- Controls: Channel switch, Input gain, 3-Band EQ, Master Volume, Mute switch, Effects loop blend
- EQ: Low, Mid, and High for each channel - Channel 1 Mid EQ set at 500Hz for electric bass, Channel 2 Mid EQ set at 800Hz for upright/acoustic bass
- Effects Loop: Parallel effects loop with blend control
- Channel 1 Mid EQ set at 500Hz for better compatibility with electric bass
- Channel 2 Mid EQ set at 800Hz for better compatibility with upright/acoustic bass
- 1 Megohm input impedance on both 1/4" inputs
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ± 3dB
- Power Output: 625 watts @ 4 or 2* ohms; 450 watts @ 8 ohms
* In practice, the amp will run a 2ohm speaker load at moderate power with no problems. If you need more volume than that, you really need a more powerful amp.
- Line Voltage: 100/120 - 240v selectable by rear panel switch
- Size: 2.5"H x 11.25"W x 7.5"D (including knobs)
- Weight: 4.75 lb
- Tiny internal cooling fan, thermostat controlled
- Thermal and overload protection
- Classy brushed aluminum look chassis with black and red artwork
- Variable notch filter on channel 2, to reduce gain at a selectable frequency for feedback reduction
- High pass filter with three cutoff frequency choices per channel (allows you to reduce response below a certain frequency, to help with boomy rooms and stages)
- XLR (balanced low impedance) input for microphone or other devices
- Switchable phantom power (48v) for the XLR input
Internal switches and jumpers control...
- choose between pre- and post-EQ for the DI output (default: set to pre-EQ)
- choose what output signals are muted by the footswitch
- speaker output and tuner output muted
- speaker output muted only (default)
- tuner output muted only
- 48v Phantom Power active on XLR input
- Boost on/off for channels 1 and 2
- High-pass filter cutoff frequency for each channel (25Hz/80Hz/50Hz)
|EA thinks you're smart: They use REAL Volume Controls
Rather than have all the volume in the first turn of the knob, EA uses potentiometers that are more linear. This means you may actually have to turn the master volume all the way up to the 3 o'clock position when things get really, really loud. This gives you a more realistic measure of how much power you are using. Most other amp manufacturers (and think stereos, car radios, etc.) use a taper that puts all the volume up front. This is to impress unsuspecting customers trying gear in stores. "Wow, listen to how loud it is, and it's only on 2? ," he says, and thinks to himself, ”This thing must get really loud!!”
Nope, they're just fooling with you. It pretty much stops getting louder around 5, and then only gets more distorted. EA thinks it's better to use the entire volume control. You'll otherwise never actually attain the mythic eleven.
Is this an EA Exclusive?? We're not sure, but we think others should follow their example. Euphonic Audio says respect your customers, don't try to fool them.
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
Is there a Factory Warranty? Click here to find Warranty Information for all of our manufacturers.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA, and what to expect concerning taxes, VAT, delivery times, and more.
Check Out the FAQ Resources That Apply to This Product:
HIGH PASS FILTERS: getting rid of the mud and rumble
AMPLIFIERS: Why Would I Want a 'Transparent' Sounding Amp?
Euphonic Audio iAMP Classic (1200) Musical Instrument Amplifier
The new iAMP Classic recreates the full-bodied sound that the iAmp800 made famous, and updates it with a lightweight monster power section. Enjoy the utmost in performance, versatility, and technology...
DPA d:vote 4099-B CORE Upright Bass Microphone and Accessories
The most current version of the popular 4099-B "CORE" is a high-quality, small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone System for Acoustic Double Bass - perfect for live performance and recording - which includes an integrated string-mount, and detachable cable with gooseneck extension options...
Genzler Amplification Magellan Amp Heads
The wizard who brought you those great sounding amps (with a similar name) is back! These compact, powerful heads have the flexibility, hi-fi transparent sound, and great design -- in a portable package -- that you would expect from Jeff Genzler...
• 350w @ 4ohms/3.5 lbs. • 800w @ 4ohms/6.25 lbs.
Euphonic Audio NL-112 speaker cabinet (1x12)
This brand new speaker cabinet from EA has the goods - transparent, accurate sound, a wide soundstage, and a small footprint. With EA's new look, too - this cab will turn heads!
• rated at 500w • 8 ohms • 100dB @ 1m • 17"H x 17"W x 12.75"D inches • approx 28 lbs.
Euphonic Audio Wizzy 10 Speaker Cabinet
New cosmetics, with attractive brown Tolex and grille cloth for a distinctively classy look! Less than 18 lbs., this compact cab with a ten inch "whizzer" driver makes an ideal companion to the 2.5 lb. Micro or Doubler amplifier...
• rated at 250w • 4 ohms • 101dB @ 1m • 15.5"H x 12.5"W x 11.5"D inches • 17.8 lbs.
Euphonic Audio Wizzy 12 and MLINE Speaker Cabinets
The Wizzy and Wizzy MLINE design incorporates a custom Euphonic Audio twelve-inch driver with a whizzer cone to handle the higher frequencies. The MLINE version employs a specially-engineered transmission line cabinet to provide a deeper sound...
• rated at 250w • 4 ohms • 103dB @ 1m (Wizzy) 101dB @ 1m (MLINE) • 17Hx17Wx12.5D inches/15.6Wx19Hx12.5D inches • approx 29/34 lbs.
Accessory Gig Bag Backpack/Shoulder Bag - Carrying Case (BLACK)
Need something to carry your lightweight amp, plus extra stuff, like cables, preamps, extension cords, etc.? Our distinctive gig bag is perfect for your extra goodies! Fits Series 4 Clarus (and heads from AI combos) as well as EA Micro and Doubler. Flexible design can be used as a shoulder bag OR a backpack with padded straps...
Speaker Cable: 3 foot Speakon to Speakon (16ga)
This top-quality 16 gauge cable features high quality Speakon connectors on both ends.
Some of our customers have told us what they think about this product.
Check out what they had to say!
Hi Everyone at Gollihur music.. You guys are Fantastic! I placed my order for an EA Doubler on the 25th May and recieved it in Sydney Australia TODAY (June 1).... I plugged it in and it is all I could have hoped for....A sweet musical sounding amp with great EQ and all the facillities I could want! Your service and the product are Fantastic. All the Bass to you!
Hi Gollihur Music, I received my EA Doubler today and I'm very pleased. I actually had a doubling gig tonight to put it through its paces- with a 7 piece traditional country band. The electric bass was nice & punchy & the upright was clear. It was medium volume and the amp stayed cool to the touch all night. Definitely a keeper.
—Neal Wilson 4/9/10
I got my EA Doubler and Wizzy 12 on Friday, and put them to use at a gig on Saturday. My life is changed. Thanks for your advice and for all the tips you give on your website and send with the products. You rock.
—Mark P (Via Facebook, Sept 2010)
Just a quick mail. Got the EA doubler amp/ Wizzy 12 cab the other day and absolutely LOVE them. I did a small concert hall gig (300 people) and we only used PA for the piano.
The amp sound (my DPA and pick-up blend) was incredible and more than enough. Thank you again for getting it to me so quickly and with such great service. You are the working bassist's best friend!
Arigatou! (from Tokyo, Japan)
—Pat G (December 2012)
Everything you shipped Monday arrived on Wednesday. Quick delivery! Thank you! ---- The Doubler amp sounds so warm!!!! The Genzler Bass Array reproduces all the sub-bass frequencies that usually get rolled off of amps. You can feel them. Amazing clarity from it and no gaps or favoring of any frequency. I have never heard a cabinet that didn't loose some frequency range, but the Bass Array doesn't!
I mainly play the rudra veena, which is a large North Indian stick zither the size of an upright bass. I have the rudra veena equipped with two fishman upright transducers and it sounds absolutely amazing through the amp and speaker. I have never played through an amp where I didn't have to compensate for and vary the volume of how I played the strings to authentically represent what the instrument does unamplified - but again, Doubler and Bass Array together do this accurately. I am so pleased.
—Ben P (May 2017)
I just wanted to let you know that the package arrive today. (The EA Doubler) is a beautiful piece of equipment and sounds great through my new speaker. I got pretty loud in my apartment and the sound was beautiful. It was very clear and without any color whatsoever. It’s almost eerie to hear things that cleanly and purely.
Thank you again for all of your help. I will highly recommend you to anyone who requires services such as the ones that you provide.
—Michael C (October 2017)