Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
Upright Basses & EUB's:
Electric Upright Basses
NS Design WAV 4 Electric Upright Bass - 4 string, Trans Black with ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
Only 2 Available - Buy Now!
This Item SHIPS FOR FREE in the USA!
(Note that larger items may carry a partial shipping charge to AK, HI and PR.)
Outside the USA? Log in, or add this item to your cart to see actual shipping costs to your state or country.
(You can easily remove it if you change your mind.)
California Residents: Please view our Proposition 65 Message
Add to Wishlist
This is a FIRST QUALITY instrument; I've only put it in the "Clearance" category to highlight the fact that there is a limited number of these basses available. All specifications, operation, accessories, and warranties otherwise apply.
This is a very special limited edition WAV4 bass; while the current basses have composite fingerboards, a short run of them was done with strikingly beautiful brown rosewood boards. A representative photo of the bass is to the right, as well as below.
For a full description of the WAV4 bass specifics, click the WAV4 link in the related items, below.
We are NOT charging a premium for the rosewood model! Same price as the standard bass.
We have only a limited number of these basses available - once they're gone, they're gone. These basses are first-come, first-served - so don't wait long, or you might miss out.
Important: Because these basses have rosewood fingerboards, they are available for purchase WITHIN THE USA ONLY.
A page with comments from Mark, such as what to expect and how to get the best results from it, is included with each bass.
- LENGTH: 132 cm (52")
- WEIGHT: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: 4 or 5
- FINISH: Gloss polymer
- COLORS: beautiful shaded Amberburst, Dark Cherry Transparent, Trans Black, or Brilliant White. The Black, Amberburst and Trans Cherry show off the figured maple veneer tops, and the Brilliant White finish presents a very clean and professional look.
- BODY/NECK: Maple
- FINGERBOARD: Rosewood; 43.1mm (1.7") wide at nut; 89.0mm (3.5") max. width. Assymetric relief for easy playability. Inlayed cascading dot markers on face.
- BRIDGE: Rock maple (dyed black); radius 7.9cm (3.1") string spacing 80 mm (3.14") - adjustable for height
- NUT: radius 7.9cm (3.1"); string spacing 31mm (1.22")
- POLAR™ PICKUP SYSTEM: Switch between Arco and Pizz modes; the directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound), with the flick of a switch
- CONTROLS: passive volume and tone control (treble roll-off), Polar Pickup Switch
- TRUSS ROD: Powerful rod design provides positive relief adjustment, accessible at nut.
- TUNING MACHINES: Fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish
- STRINGS: Light tension flatwound steel strings are standard. Accommodates all NS length strings and most 3/4 scale double bass strings.
- TRIPOD STAND: (standard) Black, adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- END PIN STAND: (optional) Offers full freedom of movement. Height, tilt and "right bout" angle are fully adjustable providing a more conventional feel. Weight 2.3 kg (5 lbs)
- SHOULDER STRAP SYSTEM: (optional) guitar style shoulder strap for full mobility
- GIG BAG: (standard) Padded gig bag with integrated bow pocket, handle and backpack style strap. External pockets for stands and accessories
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
Is there a Factory Warranty? Click here to find Warranty Information for all of our manufacturers.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA, and what to expect concerning taxes, VAT, delivery times, and more.
NS Design Electric Upright Basses - 4/5 String, Full Size Bass (WAV, NXT, CR)
NS Design electric upright basses have been made and refined for decades, and are in the hands of famous (and not-so-famous) players all over the globe. Beautifully crafted, with a distinctive shape that is instantly recognizable, Includes gig bag and tripod stand, and arrives fully adjusted and ready-to-play! Compare (and order) the WAV, NXTa, and CR models - all on one page.