Upright Bass Pickups
Upright Bass Mics
Amps and Preamps:
Preamps & Equalizers
Amplifiers & Speakers
Bows & Rosin
Cases & Gig Bags
Books and DVDs
Double Bass Bridges
Other Bass Parts
Bob's Bargain Basement
Eastern USA Time
or mail check/MO
Ordering From Us
How to Order
About Gollihur Music
Upright Bass FAQs
Questions and Answers
Double Bass Links
Bass Luthier List
Bass Teacher List
Join Our Mailing List
Bass Classified Ads
Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
We are an authorized retailer for everything we sell - we do not use unathorized "Gray Market" sources.
Pickups for other instruments:
David Gage Realist SoundClip Cello Pickup
Shipping Cost: Starting at $0.00*
* Shipping cost assumes shipment to the Eastern Continental USA. You can temporarily add the product to your shopping cart to view actual shipping charges, or
Log in or create a user profile with a shipping address to automatically see shipping charges on each product page. We usually combine shipping costs for multiple item orders.
Add to Wishlist
Email To Friend!
RECEIVING GIFTS IN TIME!
Gollihur Music is well known for our quick shipments and well-stocked warehouse, and we'll do everything we can to make sure your gift needs are met in a timely fashion.
[Click for Details]
David Gage Realist SoundClipTM Pickup
This new pickup brings the Realist's quality sound to more positions on your instrument. The Realist SoundClip is an extremely well-engineered, self-contained transducer unit that offers a great deal of flexibility. And for a cellist who plays in contemporary groups (where a pickup is required) and also in an orchestra (where a pickup is frowned upon) the easy on-off nature of the soundclip - no modifications, no tools, on and off in seconds - makes it an excellent choice!
The Realist SoundClip clamps easily on to the bridge of any cello, without marking or damaging. Clamping allows it to be added to or removed from multiple cellos, at any time without hassle. Great for travelling cellists or for those who want a pick-up only when they are using an amp.
The SoundClip sports features that are not found on any other pick-up. The on-board volume knob gives the player full control to adjust output on the spot. Innovative variable weight system helps you contour tone. The SoundClip is fully adaptable to all cellos and playing situations.
How's it sound? My results -- with the Upright Bass version -- in the shop peg it as being quite different from the original Realist (it being so influenced by the position against the body.) I rather like the SoundClip's more versatile response when compared to the original Realist. On our basses (and through our amps) we find the pickup to have a more detailed tone, which can sometimes provide more "cut" (without necessarily needing more volume) in an ensemble situation. Yet the SoundClip has a more linear response, you can hear more frequencies and much more string detail. Also, so far I have only played it on basses with adjustable bridges; perhaps those without adjusters have a deeper tone.
We can only assume that the results on a cello should be pretty similar.
Using the Pickup:
It is very easy to use. Its flexibility (positioning, tightness, removable weights) and portability (no tools needed, self-contained) make it an ideal pickup for those who want to switch between instruments (or who travel and need a pickup to get a consistent sound on rental cellos).
The Bullet Points:
- move your Realist SoundClip from one instrument to another instrument with ease
- bring your SoundClip for use on rental instruments while on the road
- remove the pickup from your cello when not playing amplified
- No Instrument Modification Necessary since the SoundClip simply clamps onto any conventional bridge there is no filing, cutting, or custom fitting. Just open the jaws and adjust the tension wheel.
- Bridge Location is not fixed, so you can locate the pickup low on the bridge, for more body warmth, or move it higher up on the leg to bring in some more string detail to your sound... to achieve your desired sound on almost any cello.
- Two Adjustable/Removable Weights for adjusting the character of the sound
- Volume Control is built into the pickup so adjustments are very convenient
- Durable, Solid Brass Construction -- this thing is solid!
- Convenient Carry Case is included for travel
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA.
Here is what some of our customers think about this product:
I just received my Realist Soundclip. The combination of convenience and quality is amazing! It is far better than I expected. The tone and flexibility is great for a pickup and its streamlined design is unbeatable. It will be perfect for my live application. The flawless service from Gollihur Music was icing on the cake. Thanks! Alex
—Alexander Kaye 2/9/12