Upright Bass Pickups
Upright Bass Mics
Amps and Preamps:
Preamps & Equalizers
Amplifiers & Speakers
Bows & Rosin
Cases & Gig Bags
Books and DVDs
Double Bass Bridges
Other Bass Parts
Bob's Bargain Basement
Eastern USA Time
or mail check/MO
Ordering From Us
How to Order
About Gollihur Music
Upright Bass FAQs
Questions and Answers
Double Bass Links
Bass Luthier List
Bass Teacher List
Join Our Mailing List
Bass Classified Ads
Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
We are an authorized retailer for everything we sell - we do not use unathorized "Gray Market" sources.
Preamps and Processors:
Preamplifiers (1 Channel)
LR Baggs Venue DI - Preamp Pedal with Built-in Tuner
Shipping Cost: Starting at $0.00*
* Shipping cost assumes shipment to the Eastern Continental USA. You can temporarily add the product to your shopping cart to view actual shipping charges, or
Log in or create a user profile with a shipping address to automatically see shipping charges on each product page. We usually combine shipping costs for multiple item orders.
Add to Wishlist
Email To Friend!
RECEIVING GIFTS IN TIME!
Gollihur Music is well known for our quick shipments and well-stocked warehouse, and we'll do everything we can to make sure your gift needs are met in a timely fashion.
[Click for Details]
The new Venue DI puts a ton of useful upright bass features at your feet. The most visible goodie is the chromatic tuner that is, indeed, quite visible for tuning in most any environment. A quick stomp mutes your output(s) for a discreet tune-up.
The flexible preamp unit offers the ultrahigh 10 megohm input impedance that our URB transducer pickups generally crave, and has two frequency-tunable midrange controls, in addition to a presence control and the usual bass and treble controls. Other goodies include a notch filter, phase switch, clip meter, and a unique boost switch. We've alphabetically keyed each of the Venue DI's features to the panel illustration below:
REAR AND SIDE PANELS
- A. Bass Control - The bass control is a 12dB boost/cut centered at a frequency of 90Hz.
- B. Low Midrange Controls - This adjustment is split into two knobs: level and frequency. Set the frequency knob to a particular frequency (100Hz-500Hz) then either boost or cut that range surrounding that frequency using the level knob.
- C. High Midrange Controls - The high midrange controls function the same as the low midrange controls except that they let you choose from the frequency range between 500Hz to 2.8kHz.
- D. Presence - The presence control is a 12dB boost/cut tone control centered at 3kHz.
- E. Treble - The treble control is a 12dB boost/cut centered at 10kHz.
- F. Notch Filter - The Venue D.I. incorporates the proprietary Garrett Null anti-feedback notch filter. Sonically, it is virtually invisible and it can be used to sweep the range between 60Hz - 320Hz to cut out a frequency that is causing feedback or ringing.
- G. Clip Meter - The Clip meter gives you a visual tool to help set the appropriate amount of gain for your instrument. Too much flash, turn down.
- H. Gain - The Venue has adjustable gain so you can accommodate low level inputs to higher level devices, such as active basses.
- I. Phase - Changes the polarity of the signal. When the button is up, the output will be in phase with the input signal. Phase affects the way that the instrument top is pressurized by the loud speakers. When the two are out of phase with each other it can help you gain a bit more volume before feedback.
- J. Battery Check - This feature will give you the ability to find out how much battery life is left, even if the preamp is not currently plugged in.
- K. Tuner - Pressing the Mute/Tune footswitch will simultaneously activate the tuner and mute all outputs.
- L. Volume - The master volume, located in the upper right of the control panel, will be used to set the level of the sound coming out of the 1/4” output ONLY, which allows you to adjust the level to your amplifier without changing the level to the PA system. (However, both the D.I. and 1/4” output will mute when the mute/tune is engaged.)
- M. Mute/Tune - press to engage or disengage the mute/tune feature.
- N. Boost (0-9 dB) - The Boost feature allows you to boost your volume level for a solo or to compensate for changes in playing style.
- A. Input - The 1/4” input, located on the upper right side of the unit, is an unbalanced (mono) all discrete input with a 10 megaohm impedance.
- B. & C. EFX Send/Return - Connect standard 1/4” mono cables to connect an effects pedal or rack device.
- D. Boost Level - Set the level of boost you desire when the boost footswitch is activated (0-9 db).
- E. DI Output (Transformer Coupled) - Connect directly into the microphone input on a mixing desk with a standard microphone cable. This output is transformer-coupled for maximum isolation from noise and ground loop hum.
- F. Ground Lift & Transformer-Coupling - The transformer-coupled D.I provides full isolation through the D.I. output when the switch is in the “lift” position to help defeat ground loops that can occur when more than one connection is made to the D.I.
- G. 1/4” Output - An unbalanced line level output. You can plug into any amp or device that has a 1/4” input.
- H. D.C. Input - Standard 2mm plug. The voltage must be greater than 7.5VDC and less than 14VDC, Tip (-)/Ring (+). However, you can use any amperage that is 100mA or greater.
- Input Impedance 10 megohms
- Preamp Gain -12dB to +26dB
- Input Level -25dBv to +1.8dBv (.053Vrms to 1.23Vrms)
- Notch -21dB, sweepable from 60Hz to 320Hz, 1/8 Octave
- Bass +/- 12dB @ 90Hz
- Lo Mid +/- 12dB @ 250Hz, sweepable from 100Hz to 500Hz
- Hi Mid +/- 12dB @ 1kHz, sweepable from 500Hz to 2.8kHz
- Presence +/- 12dB @ 3kHz
- Treble +/- 12dB @ 10kHz
- Send Level 0 dBv (0.707Vrms)
- Output Impedance 600 ohms
- Return Level 0dBv (0.707Vrms) Maximum before clipping
- Input Impedance 80 Kohms
- Output level -1dBv (0.88Vrms) Balanced
- Output impedance 600 ohms (Transformer coupled)
- Output level -1dBv (0.88Vrms) Un-balanced
- Output impedance 200 ohms
- DC Power Consumption 0.65W Max @ 9V
- DC Current Draw 12mA (without tuner), 66mA (with tuner)
- Voltage Range 7.5VDC Min – 12VDC Max
- Power Supply 9VDC with 100mA (or 1Watt) minimum
- (Recommended – Not included)
- * IMPORTANT: polarity Pos (+) on outside, Gnd (-) on center.
- Avg. Battery Life 40 hrs. (*depends on tuner usage)
- Voltage Range 7.5VDC Min – 12VDC Max
- Signal to Noise 90dB, unweighted
- 2.2 lbs, 7.625” Width x 7.5” Depth x 1.5” Height
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA.
FAQs Associated With This Product
FREQUENCIES: What are the frequencies of bass notes?
PREAMPS: Do You NEED a Preamp with Your URB Pickup?