Upright Bass Pickups
Upright Bass Mics
Amps and Preamps:
Preamps & Equalizers
Amplifiers & Speakers
Bows & Rosin
Cases & Gig Bags
Books and DVDs
Double Bass Bridges
Other Bass Parts
Bob's Bargain Basement
Eastern USA Time
or mail check/MO
Ordering From Us
How to Order
About Gollihur Music
Upright Bass FAQs
Questions and Answers
Double Bass Links
Bass Luthier List
Bass Teacher List
Join Our Mailing List
Bass Classified Ads
Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
We are an authorized retailer for everything we sell - we do not use unathorized "Gray Market" sources.
Preamps and Processors:
Preamplifiers (1 Channel)
LR Baggs Gigpro Single-Channel Belt-pack Preamp
Shipping Cost: Starting at $0.00*
* Shipping cost assumes shipment to the Eastern Continental USA. You can temporarily add the product to your shopping cart to view actual shipping charges, or
Log in or create a user profile with a shipping address to automatically see shipping charges on each product page. We usually combine shipping costs for multiple item orders.
Add to Wishlist
Email To Friend!
RECEIVING GIFTS IN TIME!
Gollihur Music is well known for our quick shipments and well-stocked warehouse, and we'll do everything we can to make sure your gift needs are met in a timely fashion.
[Click for Details]
The GigPro Single-Channel Preamp is a tiny, belt-pack style acoustic preamplifier that packs a lot of features in a lightweight and pretty compact package. In addition to its passive* bass and treble controls, it has a tool many bass players find a necessity: an adjustable low-cut filter. The GigPro also has a phase control, as well as the ability to supply the 9v phantom power that most mini condenser mics require. While aimed at acoustic guitar, its feature set makes it an excellent choice for use with upright bass.
The photo at right shows Bob at a Gospel Bluegrass affair in September 2010, where he paired the LR Baggs GigPro preamp with the Fishman Full Circle pickup on his pre-war Juzek bass. While his amp wasn't too far away he had very handy volume and tone controls. Also shown in the photo inset is the Meisel COM-90 tuner.
- Size: 4.75 x 2.85 x 1.25
- Weight (with battery): 6.6 oz.
- Battery Type: Single 9V
- Power Consumption: 1.6mA
- Battery Life: 300+ Hours
- Class: Pure Class A, all discrete
- EQ: Passive
- Treb: +/- 6dB @ 7kHz
- Bass: +/- 6dB @ 80Hz
- Low Cut: +/- 6dB @ 80Hz - (adjustable) 27Hz to 200Hz
- Gain: +6dB to +28d
- Signal-To-Noise: -90dB, 27Hz-20kHz unweighted
- Input Impedance: 10 Megohms
- Output Impedance: 800 Ohms
We've added our own notes to some of the feature keys on the illustration to the right, to better describe their use in the real world.
- A. Treble: passive*
- B. Bass: passive*
- *Passive tone controls can throw those of us used to active tone controls for a loop, since they behave differently than one might expect. Lots of preamps have active EQ controls, meaning that they boost or cut a specific band of frequencies using active and extra circuity to accomplish it. However, old school instruments, for example, have a tone knob that is passive, meaning at the full-on position you get all the frequencies, and rotating it the other way cuts that frequency band. That's how the treble and bass controls on the GigPro work. So, start full-up and trim away highs or lows as needed.
- C. Trim: The Trim Control is an adjustable 12dB/octave low cut filter that is adjustable from 27Hz to 200Hz. Also referred to as a High Pass Filter, this useful tool lets you choose a frequency and gently suppress notes below that choice. It's ideal when your pickup is sending a lot of "rumble", "boominess", and useless lows that muddy up your sound.
- D. Volume Control that affects the output signal sent to the amp or next device.
- E. 1/4” Output: This is a regular unbalanced output for a standard mono cable. A standard mono cable is necessary as it switches the preamp on.
- F. Invert: This control changes the polarity, also described as phase, of the signal. Reversing phase can often get you a few more db when you are close to feedback.
- G. Battery Status LED: The battery status LED remains on at all times when the unit is plugged in. As the battery weakens the light will gradually dim.
- H. Battery Compartment: To change your battery, remove the two screws adjacent to the belt clip using a screwdriver or a dime. Slide the preamp out of the housing and replace the battery.
- I. Phantom Power Switch: If you are using a mini-mic that requires phantom power, open the Gigpro's case. The phantom power switch is adjacent to the input jack.
- J. Gain Control: The adjustable gain allows you to tailor the preamp's performance for lots of boost for a low signal pickup, or trim gain back to handle a very hot signal, such as an instrument that has an onboard preamp.
- K. 1/4” Input: This is a regular unbalanced input for a standard mono instrument cable.
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA.
FAQs Associated With This Product
PREAMPS: Do You NEED a Preamp with Your URB Pickup?
Schatten Design Mini Pre - Single Channel Preamp
A simple, small and lightweight preamp for getting the benefits of impedance buffering and gain structure without the added complications (and cost) of other bells and whistles you may not want or need...
LR Baggs Mixpro Dual-Channel Belt-pack Preamp
The Mixpro is a 2-channel preamp with built-in phantom power capability - an optional special package includes the preamp and a splitter-cable mounting kit so you can add a pickup to your existing K&K Golden Bullet Mic...
Ehrlund Acoustic PREAMPLIFIER (for EAP and other pickups)
This tiny, simple preamp is built by Ehrlund to accompany their EAP contact mic/pickup, but can be used with most any high-impedance pickup...
K&K Sound Golden Bullet Microphone for Upright Bass
The Golden Bullet Microphone is a condenser mic chosen specifically for its characteristics and performance with the Double Bass. This is not an "off-the-shelf" microphone, but one designed and custom built by K&K...