Upright Bass Pickups
Upright Bass Mics
Amps and Preamps:
Preamps & Equalizers
Amplifiers & Speakers
Bows & Rosin
Cases & Gig Bags
Books and DVDs
Double Bass Bridges
Other Bass Parts
Bob's Bargain Basement
Eastern USA Time
or mail check/MO
Ordering From Us
How to Order
About Gollihur Music
Upright Bass FAQs
Questions and Answers
Double Bass Links
Bass Luthier List
Bass Teacher List
Join Our Mailing List
Bass Classified Ads
Our site is tested by TWO services every day to protect your information.
We are an authorized retailer for everything we sell - we do not use unathorized "Gray Market" sources.
Preamps and Processors:
Preamplifiers (1 Channel)
Preamps and Processors:
LR Baggs Para DI Acoustic Preamp/DI with EQ and Notch Filter
Shipping Cost: Starting at $0.00*
* Shipping cost assumes shipment to the Eastern Continental USA. You can temporarily add the product to your shopping cart to view actual shipping charges, or
Log in or create a user profile with a shipping address to automatically see shipping charges on each product page. We usually combine shipping costs for multiple item orders.
Add to Wishlist
Email To Friend!
RECEIVING GIFTS IN TIME!
Gollihur Music is well known for our quick shipments and well-stocked warehouse, and we'll do everything we can to make sure your gift needs are met in a timely fashion.
[Click for Details]
This powerful little box has been around for quite a few years, and it’s quite popular with all sorts of musicians - including me (Bob);
I used one for awhile myself. They use Class A FET input circuitry for a clean, quiet sound. While aimed at the acoustic guitar market, which is LR Baggs' primary target, it's a unit that is well-suited for bass as well, given its flexibility.
Class: Pure Class A FET input for audiophile quality sound and very low noise
Size: 5.6 x 3.6 x 1.9 inches
Weight (with battery): 14.5 oz.
Battery Type: Single 9V
Power Consumption: 2.9mA
Battery Life: 200+ Hours (alkaline)
External Power: 30-48v Phantom Power through XLR output
EQ - Low +/-12db@85hz
- Notch +/-6db@98hz-247hz
- Midrange +/-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presence +/- 6db@5khz
- Treble +/- 12db@10khz
Low Cut Filter: 12db/octave @35hz
Gain: +4dB to +24d
Signal-To-Noise: -88dB, unweighted
Input Impedance: 10 Megohms
FX Send Impedance: 12k ohms
FX Return Impedance: 100k ohms
Output Impedance: 600 Ohms
The frequency-adjustable midrange control is a wonderful feature that can do a terrific job at zeroing in on your preferred sound. It's a pro piece of gear that also offers a notch filter and phase reversal. Check out the image below (and the accompanying text) to visualize the unit's operation; we've added our comments to expand on those controls requiring a little more info or explanation.
- A. Low EQ band control (85Hz): Low bass
- B. Notch control and tune knob (98 to 247Hz): Designed primarily to help with feedback problems. For example, if a particular string is starting to feedback or produce a booming sound, you can use the notch to cut out the problem frequency. Alternatively, a weak frequency can be boosted.
- C. Midrange control (400Hz to 1.6kHz) and tune knob: You can choose the center frequency to dial in your favored sound. Ideal for bringing detail forward or cutting some unwanted nasal midrange character.
- D. Presence control (5kHz): Affects "sss" sounds sizzle and brightness.
- E. Treble control (10kHz): The very highest frequencies, "air" or "frosting".
- F: Battery status LED: Stays on when unit is on and then flashes when the battery is low.
- G. Volume control: Unlike gain, whose adjustment can affect the character and personality of the sound, the volume simply controls the output signal level.
- H. External battery access compartment: For quick and easy battery changes.
- I. Balanced XLR output: A standard, post EQ/effects, balanced low impedance output. Plug it into the board with a microphone cable or stage/studio snake. If your board provides 48V phantom power on the XLR cable, the Para Acoustic D.I. will run on it instead of the battery.
- J. Phantom power LED: Alerts you to the presence of 48V phantom power with a green light, in case the board operator forgot to switch it on.
- K. 1/4" output: This is a regular unbalanced output for a standard mono cable. The output signal is the same as on the XLR, allowing you to use the 1/4" out and the XLR simultaneously to "feed the board" and drive a stage amp at the same time.
- L. Invert switch: Reverses the polarity of the signal, more commonly referred to as phase. Reversing phase can often get you a few more db when you're on the edge of feeding back.
- M. Effects loop: This jack provides a send-return on a stereo (TRS) "insert" jack for outboard effects that allow you to blend reverb, chorus or other effects in with a dry signal. We have insert cables on the site if you don't have one.
- N. Gain control: This lets you adjust the preamp sensitivity, for more gain for weak pickups, or less sensitivity for hot pickups that might overwhelm the input.
- O. Instrument input: When you plug in, the preamp turns on.
Is this product returnable? Click here for our return policy.
International customer? Click here for important information about ordering from outside the USA.
FAQs Associated With This Product
FREQUENCIES: What are the frequencies of bass notes?
PREAMPS: Do You NEED a Preamp with Your URB Pickup?